Meals, snacks and drinks
Hot lunch, followed by fruit, yoghurt, or a cooked pudding, is prepared daily. In line with the Statutory Framework for the early years foundation stage our food and snacks are healthy, balanced and nutritious
- We are able to accommodate most dietary requirements, eg vegetarian preferences and omission of disliked foods
- We can cater for special diets, such as religious or allergy specific diets.
- It is our policy not to provide any food that contains nuts.
- All children receive a mid-morning and mid-afternoon drink of milk. There is a choice of fresh or dried fruit and/or bread sticks and crackers to accompany their drink.
- Fresh water is available throughout the day.
- All staff working with food are trained in food hygiene.
- The nursery will contact Ofsted, in the unlikely event of food poisoning that affects two or more children under our care as soon as is reasonably practicable, but in any event within 14 days of the incident.
Our menu runs on a three-week rotation in order to allow us, and parents, to plan ahead.